In consultation with the nominations committee and the selection panel, Ausdance National:
- manages nominee eligibility and award selection criteria
- supervises the nominations and voting procedures
- manages the Australian Dance Awards website
- changes, adds or removes award categories in response to industry demand or development.
- 2018 Nominations Coordinator: Julie Dyson AM
- Chair, Selection Panel: Robina Beard OAM
- Advisers: Lee Christofis, Jeff Meiners, Julie Dyson AM
Citations for shortlisted nominees
Citations are written by the Nominations Coordinator and collaboration with the selection panel. Supporting comments that accompany each nomination, as well as from online press reviews are used. If you are submitting a nomination, please take the time to describe as vividly and concisely as you can, why this person, company or performance is especially worthy.
The Ausdance state organisations submit expressions of interest to present and produce the Awards each year and work closely with Ausdance National to produce the event. A curatorial advisory panel is assembled to assist with artistic direction of the performance program.